Monday, December 13, 2010

Back in Murray...

Sorry about not posting yesterday,  I've been pretty miserable since being released from the hospital. But, thanks to my awesome wife for keeping you up to date. Which, as you can tell, is a little more visual and descriptive than myself. So in retrospect, this past week wasn't too bad. I actually really enjoy being in Nashville. Vandy has it going on as far as care, they have the most attentive nurses I have ever been around, and you can tell they honestly care. Over the summer, I saw my oncologist once or twice a week, if I was lucky. I saw my Dr. at least 3 times a day last week. So, I guess if I had to be anywhere doing my chemo, I'm glad I'm doing it in Nashville.

I mentioned how I was unable to post on my blog yesterday, When I leave the hospital, my blood counts are extremely low and it usually takes a few days to bounce back (at least it did over the summer). I don't know if it's because I'm temporarily living in the frozen tundra, but nevertheless, it's COLD OUTSIDE! And I'm having a hard time with it.

So, I've been thinking about letting Dianne have a post once a week. Not just because I'm lazy, but I hope that there will be many people looking at this and it's very important to see other points of views during my treatment. Cancer doesn't just affect the person with cancer, I learned that quick. It affects everyone around it in many different ways. So I'd like to know what you think...

Post and let me know. Well friends, goodnight and I'll see you tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. I loved her post, I thought it was amazing. She seems like a fantastic woman. I really hope you get to feeling better. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked her post too. It could be like, "Tuesdays with Morrie" only with Dianne. Dosen't have the same ring, but you get the drift! LOL. Feel better and let us know if you need anything. We're right next door if you need us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul,
    Chris told us what your are going through.
    Are prayers are with you.
    Jim and Susan Rozier

    ReplyDelete