Sunday, December 5, 2010

Let's begin again...

It's Sunday night, and since I can't watch the Colts game, I figured it was time to get this blog going. For those of you who don't know my story, I was diagnosed with Testicular Cancer (TC) on April 1, 2010. I had an orchiectomy on my left side on April 8, and went through my first chemotherapy treatment (BEP) from May 8 until July 16. Normally, with TC, that would be the end. It wasn't...

Around the first of November my tumor markers spiked to the same number they were when I started chemo originally. I'm now prepping for my second treatment (TIP) which will hopefully knock my numbers low enough to have surgery. If not, I will be starting stem cell transplant chemo, which will put me in the hospital for around 4-6 months. But, hopefully, I won't need the stem cell transplant.

I have a huge army of family and friends to support me through all of this. One person in particular, is my wife. She has stuck right beside me from day one. She is actually the one that designed this page for me and will quite possibly be dictating what I say on days I'm too sick to type on my own.

This is where I will leave this for tonight. I hope this will help keep you posted on what's going on. Please continue to pray for me as I start this journey again. So, here goes...

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. Sending prayers your way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay strong bro, we love you and are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete