Wednesday, December 22, 2010

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas...

For the first time this whole month I am FINALLY starting to feel like myself again. And, Christmas is only 3 days away.I feel like a bad person not having posted these past couple of days, but honestly, I was out enjoying life. Yesterday, Dianne and I drove to Nashville under pleasant circumstances and met with our wedding photographers to look at our pictures from the wedding. Dianne also stopped by Vanderbilt Children's Hospital to drop off some toys for Christmas. She has become really involved in wanting to do volunteer work there. It makes perfect sense. She's so kindhearted when it comes to children and her being able to have the opportunity to help out while I'm stuck in the hospital is pretty awesome.

I'm going to be driving home to see my parents on Christmas morning. I always love being able to watch my little sister open her presents up on Christmas morning. It's very nostalgic watching the twinkle in her eye when she sees that Santa came. The unfortunate thing this year is that I'm not going to be able to go to my Grandma's house when the rest of my family comes over. Since being in the hospital last week, my immune system is still very weak and the fact that I have a very large family hanging out in a relatively small area probably doesn't bode well for my health. It's really sad, but that just means I'll have to do it even bigger next year.

Well, Dianne's mom is making lasagna and it smells amazing so I think I might go lend a hand. This Christmas season, take a moment to sit down and reflect about what you're thankful for. I've been doing alot of that here over the past couple days and it really makes you realize what really is important over Christmas. It's not the presents, or the food. It's the little things. It's being able to be with your family, talking, playing games, just laughing. So, cherish the little things. Because at the end of the day, that is what really matters. God bless.

4 comments:

  1. Great to read your post, Paul. Fantastic to hear you've been enjoying out enjoying life. Thanks for the great message. We all have so much to be thankful for. It's easy to loose site of that.

    You and Dianne are amazing!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been thinking of you so much as you are going through this battle. Thanks for keeping your blog going. Keep fighting and Merry Christmas to you and Dianne Love and prayers from Dallas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Paul, i too am trying to focus on how blessed I am this season! I love you and dianne so much! Happy Holidays to the both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God Bless and your beautiful wife. I truly believe God is in the middle of all you are going thru. Still praying for you and your family. Do you have pics posted from your wedding? Sending love and best wishes to you and our extended family.

    ReplyDelete