Friday, December 31, 2010

Midday blogging...

I figured since I was too tired to blog last night. I would blog this afternoon and that way I would be fully alert. Of course the UK vs. U of L game is on but that doesn't really distract me too bad. I came across a couple of websites this morning that had alot helpful information. The first site is stupidcancer.com, the site is "founded by and for young adults affected by cancer, i[2]y- The I'm too young For This! Cancer Foundation- is the nation's largest support community for the next generation of patients, survivors and caregivers between 25-4. This next site planetcancer.org has just recently joined the forces with the LIVESTRONG foundation to "combine resources and efforts  to reach and serve young adults with cancer.

I've had so much running through my mind ever since I found out that my cancer had returned; do I want to start my own non-profit organization focusing on TC? Do I want to join an organization that is already in motion? Or, do I want to branch out into a totally new direction and go to seminary? Seminary is something that I have thought about here in the past week or so, especially in the field of youth ministry. I have always been good with the 12-18 age range and it makes me wonder if maybe this cancer is sort of a wake up call for what I should be doing. Or, maybe, I'm overreacting having had a pretty close call a couple weeks ago.

No matter what the plan is, I know that it is His will not mine, and I will support it no matter what.

1 comment:

  1. Hey paul hope all is well happy new year. He will show you the way and it sounds like you are staying very positive. We miss you and hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete